Requirements are described in the Constitution of the Western Carolina Amateur Radio Society (WCARS), and further defined in the bylaws of the club.
In "pdf" file version are
Full membership open to Licensed Amateur with interest in purpose of the Society upon payment of dues. Persons not Licensed Amateurs, with interest in purpose of the Society may become Associate members upon payment of dues. Other types may be authorized in bylaws. Amount of dues for each membership class and method of determining dues specified in bylaws.
Bylaws, Article IV, Membership Types (Abbreviated):
1. Full - Any person holding a valid FCC Amateur License; may vote on Society business.
2. Associate - Any person interested in the activities of the Society or desires to learn more about the Amateur Radio Service.
3. Student - Any person under 25 years of age attending any accredited school, university or college, must hold a valid FCC Amateur License; may vote on Society business.
4. Family - Household member where one person is Full / Associate Member; all related persons living in the same dwelling at least 20 days each month; may be spouse, child or parent of member or spouse of related person; members holding valid FCC Amateur License may vote on Society business.
5. Life - Granted to those persons whose service has exhibited highest purposes of WCARS and Amateur Radio Service; recommended by any member, presented through Executive Committee, ratified by two thirds of voting members at a regular meeting; may vote on Society business.
|In Remembrance: Silent Key Register|